In 2020, SHEChangesClimate was founded by Antoinette Vermilye, Bianca Pitt and Elise Buckle, with the aim to bring diversity and inclusiveness, transparency and accountability to the COP negotiations on Climate Change. The Steering Committee for SHEChangesClimate consists of Nicole de Paula, Cindy Forde, Esmeralda de Rethy, Jessica Sweidan, Rachel McClelland, Karla Morales-Lee, Georgia Elliott-Smith and Malini Mehra, the team consists of a UK and international chapter.
When this campaign originally began in November 2020, there were just 15% women that could be identified on the UK COP26 Leadership Team. This has exposed a deep need to address the composition of the delegations and set clear targets and an international standard for all future COPs, starting with COP26.
Samata joined an esteemed panel for a conversation during COP26 in Glasgow, about the role of women and gender equality in the climate conversation.
- Samata Pattinson – CEO, Red Carpet Green Dress
- Audrey Tcherkoff – MD, Women’s Forum
- Dulma Clark – Head of Livebarefoot Fund, Vivobarefoot
- Alissa Baier-Lentz – Founder, Kintra Fibers
- Sonia Thimmiah – Head of Sustainable Brands & Customer Partnerships, Reckitt Benckiser
- Anna Bartle – VP Citizenship & Sustainability, Estee Lauder Companies UK & Ireland